Monday, August 22, 2011

This has what kept me busy all summer...




Planning 2 parties over the summer along with finishing landscape (exterior) ad some home renovations (interior) had been extremely stressful..  It wasn't a fun summer  for me at all.  But all's well that ends well and I'm happy with how both parties turned out.  Let me blog about the first party first.  The second party which is my Mom's Fab 60th birthday party will be another post along with the current updates on our home improvement projects.  I have most of the pictures and now I have time to sit back, relax go through pictures and blog before packing tonight for another trip (Our most awaited Family Disney Dream Cruise).  I think our family totally deserve this after a stressful week last week finalizing details for my Mom's party.


My daughter wanted an Angelina Ballerina Inspired Party for her 4th birthday.  She loves Angelina Ballerina and calls herself "Angelina" and her little sister "Polly".  So I decided to use Angelina's outfit colors :Baby Pink, White and Purple (from Alice, Angelina's Best friend).  I wanted it to have a bit of a whimsical look so I opted for pink and white polka dot on most of the details and I asked Adria of Andersruff Designs to come up with a design for the Invites, Favor Tags, Banners and Stickers.  The Little Girl Ballerina Silhouette that she designed was carried out all throughout the details from the cookies, stickers, papers.

Ballerina Invite by Adria of  Andersruff (Pardon the blurry photo- I just used my phone cam with this)
o


Pink, Purple and White balloons I ordered from Party City and Shop Sweet Lulu

Ballerina Cake by Sweet and Saucy Shop





Strawberry & Brownie Cake Pops 


Top View of the Dessert Table









Pink, Purples candies, Cupcakes, Star & Ballerina Cookies and Yogurt Star Cookies(from Trader Joe's)

Dessert Table


Tutu Skirt for the Little Ballerinas

Canvas Ballerina Favor Bags- I bought at Oriental Trading and used Iron on Transfer Paper for the Ballerina designs.
The favor bags each have a tutu skirt, ballerina slippers, pearls, star wands, lipgloss or nail polish, dance stickers, pens that I also got at Joanns and Halo Haven







This "Sweet Ballerina" Signage I found at Joanns for a $1 each

Oreo Cake Pops I got from Sweeties by Kim

The Pink Ballerina character came to give our little ballerinas (Ella and her friends) Ballet lessons and entertain them for the party

Sweet Ballerina kid's table center pieces with my all time favorite flowers - Peonies, which looked perfect

Our buffet table dressed up for the occassion
Food from our favorite restaurant Bucca de Beppo

Buffet Table Set Up


The Backyard Set Up






Sweet Ballerina

Custom Tulle Wreath that I handmade to greet guests as they enter the front door
Welcome Sign at the Front Door



The Mini Express Train  took the kids for a ride around the neighborhood



It was a fun and memorable party.  My little girl had a lot of fun and was happy to see her cousins and friends and hang out with all of them. Thank You to my brother, Axel and Uncle Rodney for taking great pictures of the event...  Hubby and I were so busy that day that we weren't able to take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment